Partners for Healthier Communities
Betsy Kelly, Healthy Maine Partnership Director, x310
Reegan Brown, Health Promotion Coordinator, x309
Connie Roux, Substance Abuse Prevention Coordinator, x311
As the local Let’s Go 5-2-1-0 partner site, Goodall Hospital serves as a community leader in connecting various community sectors to tools needed to effectively promote healthy lifestyles through improved nutrition and increased physical activity. The following links provide information for 5-2-1-0 in school, out of school, for young children, in the workplace and in healthcare.
How Healthy is York County?
Visit these websites for information related to the health status of communities within York County and Maine.
- OneMaine Health 2013 Needs Assessment
- Healthy York County Community Needs Assessment
- One Maine Health Collaborative Needs Assessment
Alcohol and Your Teen
A resource guide containing information on the number of Maine teens who participate in underage drinking; dangerous effects of alcohol use on teen’s health; and tips on how to talk with your teen about alcohol use. Call 207.490.7704, ext. 311 to receive a guide.
Healthy Maine Walks
This website provides information on how to find a walking route near you, to share information about walking routes, or to find out how to create one. www.healthymainewalks.org
Sanford Strong Coalition – Health & Wellness Task Force
The Health & Wellness Task Force is comprised of area organizations, physicians, businesses, and interested community members who are passionate about improving the health of the community through increased physical activity and improved nutrition. Volunteers are needed to bring the efforts of the group to the next level.
- Get your Portions In Proportion
- Stretching Your Fruit & Veggie Budget
- Fruits & Vegetables Information
- Helpful Resources for Physical Activity
- Wellness Guide
Lead Poisoning Prevention
We need YOUR help with:
- Incorporating healthy messages on signs throughout the community
- Coordinating cooking classes
- Developing physical activity challenges for families
- Creating a buddy system for those looking for an exercise partner
If you are interested in donating as little as 30 minutes of your time, we can find a task for you! If you are interested in getting involved,please contact Betsy Kelly at 207-490-7033 ext. 310 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.